Thursday, December 4, 2008

Updates...

Well, I haven't really come up with anything dramatically life changing but I did come up with 3 things I can do that is a bit different than what I have been doing: turn down the thermostat 2 degrees, attempt to only fill one garbage can a month, and keep my worm friends happy. The last one is pretty easy since all I do is toss in food. A dog might be easier but would be actually messier. The worms don't demand to be let out (they can't lift the lid themselves -- yet), they never complain about what is for dinner (unlike my children), and their poop is actually useful (again, unlike my children). So far there is no smell but it does seem to take a long time for them to break down the food. I am sure I saw last month's onion root still in there -- maybe those were new wormies...

As for the temperature in the house, 2 degrees may not seem like much but you can sure feel it. I'm surprised the kids haven't complained. I seem to be the only one doing that...sigh...I'm off to get ANOTHER sweatshirt on...

The trash thing has me worried, though. I may have started too late this month to attempt to get it down to just one can. The clumping cat litter alone may take up an entire can. I wish I could get the cat to go in the worm bin... I'll update tomorrow with a picture of Will the Worm, Wilma the Worm, etc., etc., etc.

No comments: