Friday, May 23, 2008

My Way or the Highway Filing

I have read so many different articles and spoken to many clients about the right way to file. One client insists on having all file tabs to the left. Another one says staggered is the only way so you can really see them all at a glance. And yet another one says down the middle is the only way. I took a class that suggested the way to make more room in your file cabinet is to take out all of the hanging folders. Two of my clients must have one hanging folder for each file. Which way is the RIGHT way? They all are. So when I read these articles and books that insist their way is the correct way, I have to stifle a giggle. What IS the right way is the way that works for you. Personally, I like 2 to 4 folders per hanging folder and I like my tab placement divided by the alphabet: A-H to the left; I-P in the middle; and R-Z on the right.

Place your files anyway you like them. But remember, my way is the RIGHT way! :-)

No comments: