Monday, May 26, 2008

Holiday Organizing blog or Bye-Bye Purple Feathers

Well, I did it. I have organized my daughter's room. Or should I say, hauled out a bunch of old, mismatched toys, games, and puzzles. It seems she has outgrown Dora, Little Pet Shop, and anything having to do with babies. It is amazing at how much room we opened up just by hauling all of this stuff off and tossing anything that was broken. She is so excited. It seems a little odd when your 6 year old is BEGGING you to help her organize her room...must run in the genes.

I am donating all of the "baby" books to the library and then calling the local women's shelter to see if they can use some toys. If not, I'll take them down and donate them at our local drop-off box. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to see her dress-up dresses go...seems like I have been vacuuming up small purple feathers for about 3 years now. I assume that even though they are gone, I'll still have at least another 6 months more of the little purple drifters. Now I am tired...Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: