Monday, June 2, 2008

Find a reason to celebrate!

I just found out that yesterday was National Donut Day. Why didn't anyone tell me this? It seems a bit lame to go get a donut and eat it today when the holiday has already passed. Kind of like missing someone's birthday and then trying to make it up. Not the same as celebrating on the actual day.

My daughter continues to come up with more Ava-isms. Her latest one is about a child's song she is trying to memorize. It now sounds like more of a nightmare-ish guy who is lurking behind dark corners. His name is John Jacob Jingle Harm Her Smith. She just sings and sings like this is the greatest guy in the world. I can't help but smile. What does this have to do with organizing? Nothing really, I just thought it was cute.

Here is my thought for the day: The more tranquil we become, the greater our success, our influence, our power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.
James Allen, 1864-1912

Now go celebrate! Sing a scary song! Enjoy your tranquility!

No comments: