Thursday, July 24, 2008

Camping with the Perrys

We love to camp. We still tent camp although I think those days are coming to an end. I look forward to the day when I don't have to blow up the mattress and sleep on the ground. We will probably upgrade to a nice pop-up tent trailer sometime soon. Hopefully before I have to use a walker or cane. Every winter Rick reserves us 3 campsites: 1 in June, 1 in July, and 1 in August. We try to visit different places every year. This year, we went to Silver Falls outside of Salem. We had so much fun I think we are going to make it an annual trip. If you are interested, send me $5 and I'll tell you which site number is the best. Kidding. Really.

As you might imagine, when we camp we are pretty organized. One tidbit I will share with you is about packing our clothes. We take one large duffel bag for the 4 of us. I put each of our pile of clothes into smaller trash bags and then put those inside the duffel bag. When the tent is up, all I do is toss the appropriate bag onto the sleeping bag of the person they belong to. Not only does it make it easy to find your clothes in the morning, we each have a dirty clothes bag to use. Simple, easy to do.

The other day I was driving back from horse summer camp with Ava and she asked me what the words were to the song Blah, Blah Black Sheep...

No comments: