Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wormies

I am the proud new owner of a worm bin. Exciting isn't it? I looked FOREVER for the right bin to put under my kitchen sink. It had to be just the right size and NOT be clear. Apparently, clear is the new color because every bin I found that would fit was clear. In all the research I did, every single piece of information indicated that the bin must not be see-through. Worms do not like to be looked at, I guess. It was not worth my time to try and outfit them all in little tube tops just so I could use a clear bin. Sigh. Rick finally did some research and found a LEGO bin. Yellow. Nice and sunshiny for under the sink. I bet LEGO would not appreciate me piling in wormies rather than LEGOS. It is under the sink, though so if I had a LEGO audit, I don't think they would look there.

Why a worm bin? We are cutting back on what we put into the landfills and worms love all the tidbits we toss out (except meat, dairy, and a few other choice items). They will consume everything else: coffee grounds, last bits of waffles, leaves, egg shells, lots of great stuff. Go get a worm bin. It will be worth it. I'll keep you posted on my success!

No comments: