Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Patience Pays Off


I have an orchid that was given to me 2 1/2 years ago for my birthday. I have always loved orchids. When I retire (some day) I plan on growing orchids. I'll probably wear a muu muu (orchid pattern, of course) and stumble around my green house all day long, sipping sangria, waiting for my orchids to open. Anyway, I have worked hard to keep this plant alive: watered it, not watered it, put it in the sun, put it in the shade -- you name it, I have tried it. This was my big test to see if I could actually grow one of the more common types of orchids. Well, guess what. TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATER it is blooming. I could not believe it! For awhile I figured all this plant could produce was big, thick leaves and long roots. Ah, my patience has paid off. I just hope it doesn't take another 2 1/2 years to see it bloom again. I may not find myself THAT patient.... I am sure you are asking yourself, "what it the world does this have to do with organizing? This is just another crazy orchid lady blogging." How it all connects is this: be patient with yourself when it comes to organizing. Tackle a little bit at a time. It took awhile to get unorganized and underneath your stuff so be patient. It will take a little while to get it all put back together and to see your own orchid start to bloom.

Todays Ava-ism: we were baking cookies and one sheet of them came out a little bit too dark. Ava said "those are fine, Mommy. They are just a little rusty."

No comments: