Monday, July 7, 2008

In With the New, Out With the New

It seems to me that I receive a lot of product catalogs. REI, Office Depot, Uline, Coldwater Creek, it pretty much goes on and on. The good AND the bad news is that if I toss them in the recycle bin, another one is sure to show up. I have had my name removed from this list and that list but the catalogs and brochures keep coming. One of the best ways that I stay organized under this onslaught of paper is I quickly recycle them. If there is a coupon in one and I KNOW I will be shopping there within the month, I cut it out and put it in my coupon holder. The rest of the catalog goes in the bin. Think about it: What is the worst that can happen if you recycle the catalog? 99% of companies have websites that post their new specials. So, if you really think about it, the catalog is probably out of date by the time you get it! By recycling the catalog as soon as you can is one of the easiest ways to keep the paper clutter down. Give it a try! You'll be glad you did. Here is my green tip for the day: For those of you who want to get your name off of mailing lists, start with this site: https://www.dmachoice.org/MPS/proto1.php. Good luck!

Hope you all had a great 4th of July. At last count, we all still had 10 fingers each...

No comments: