Friday, August 22, 2008

Buying Your Way to Organization -- NOT!

Unfortunately, try as you might, you cannot buy your way to becoming more organized. Yes, you can hire an organizer to get you started, but you will not become automatically organized by purchasing organizing items. The real secret is -- get ready -- to BE organized. Again, buying the latest gadget will not make you organized. Especially when you leave it in the bag. Believe it or not, you can use just regular, every day items to help you STAY organized once you get there. Do you know what I used for YEARS to hold my pens and pencils? An empty tin can. Not very attractive you might say, but as I gathered 100+ colorful rubber bands around the outside, it made for a nice conversation piece and was functional. Do you know how much I paid for it? Nothing. Nada. Zip. Well, if you figure the fact that I paid 99 cents for the Spaghetti-os that were inside, it was a great deal because not only did I get lunch, I also received a brand new pencil holder!

Here is a nice quote of the day about Los Angeles: The only town in the world where you can wake up in the morning and listen to the birds coughing in the trees. ~Joe Frisco

Have a great weekend!

No comments: