Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blogging about blogging or how to be popular

As anyone can see, I am a new blogger. I only have a handful of posts and a somewhat limited number of Ava-isms I can write about (I do have more, just not a year's worth). I decided to do what all professional bloggers do (at least I think they do) and that is find out what are the "hot topics" of the day. Well, I was shocked. I have considered myself fairly well read, up to date, and current with what is going on in the world. I do not live in a castle, tended by handmaidens, with no care in the world -- although that is sounding nice... So, what did I find? Kendal Sheppard, Subaru Brat, and gao tanker were in the top five. Yes, I know what a Subaru Brat is. Wanted one as soon as I turned 16. But WHY is it in the top five hot topics of the day? Really? Who in the h--- is Kendal Sheppard and WHAT IS A GAO TANKER???? My goodness...in a flash I go from hip to knowing nothing...sigh...

So, how does this relate to organizing you might ask. Well, as a direct line it doesn't. But what it DOES tell me is that even when I think I know something, there is a world out there of things I don't know. Even things I don't know that I don't know. Keep learning. Keep growing. Keep reaching. Much better than the alternative...

No comments: