Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Organizing the Art Shelf -- Scarier than it sounds!

Okay, here is my little dirty secret: There is a part of my house that is not (gasp!!) organized. Yes, it is true. We call it "the art cubby." Whenever someone asks me where an art item is, I reply, "Have you checked the art cubby?" The response is usually sighs and moans and then a "when are you going to organize it, Mommy?" Honestly, I just haven't had any energy around doing that chore. My guess is because I have no need to get anything out of the art cubby. That area is for my children. I have organized our pots and pans, our China hutch, our storage rooms, MY laundry room...well, you get the picture. Today I had to look for something in the art cubby. Ava was looking for string and she couldn't find any. Well, I agreed to help her and the first place I looked was....you guessed it....the art cubby. It has grown to become an area that no longer resembles art nor a cubby. I promised my daughter I would organize it for her. Soon. Really. I mean it. I'll tackle it before the month is over. At least by Christmas... Who knows...I may discover another dirty little secret lurking in there. Stay tuned...

And for those of you who enjoy the Ava-isms I write at the end of my blog, the latest one is from her when she was taking a shower. I asked her when she would be done and she said all she had to do was unsoap. Makes sense when you think of it...

No comments: