Thursday, June 19, 2008

Celebrate Juneteenth!

Did you know that was even a holiday? Well, now you do. It is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the U.S. Maybe I have missed the hoopla in the past, but I did not know this holiday existed. Okay, maybe that is not fair. I probably learned about it while in school but those particular brain cells have either died or been replaced. Sometimes ignorance can be bliss because look at all the new things there are to learn again!

So, again, how does this relate to organizing you might ask? Ha! End your own slavery to paper and clutter. Free yourself from all the discontent! (Nice tie-in, don't you think?) I certainly don't mean to belittle a very important history, but take today to notice things you might be slave to.

Today's Ava-ism: As I was brushing her hair the other morning, she proudly stated that she is so glad she doesn't have licenses in her hair.

No comments: