Monday, June 9, 2008

Reason to celebrate

Okay, how many people knew it was:

Get Caught Reading Month

Healthy Baby Month

International Arabian Horse Association Month

Iowa Tourism Month

Labor History Month

May Is Better Hearing and Speech Month

Maybe I Will and Maybe I Won't Month

Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection & Prevention Month

Modern Dance Month

Motorcycle Awareness Month

So, this month I will ride an Arabian horse to Iowa, where I will read about riding my motorcycle BACK to where I came from (all the while wearing sunscreen) and planning my current modern dance. Is it a coincidence that they made it Labor History Month AND Healthy Baby Month? Don't the two go hand in hand? :-)

What I DO know is that I finished painting my daughter's bedroom. Yes, that was a bit of a chore especially when she decided to help. She ran around this weekend with a glob of paint in her hair and a nice circle of paint on the back of her leg. We went over to some friends' house for dinner last night and I was telling them about the beautiful shade of yellow we used but all I had to do was point to Ava. They all agreed it was a nice shade of yellow on her leg. I moved out some of her furniture and moved in some other furniture from around the house that wasn't being used. She loves her new room. She decided to move ALL girl things into her room now.

So, for those of you who read to the end, another Ava-ism: she asked me the other day what diarrhea was. I started to explain and she said "no, the thing you write in." OH! I said DIARY! So, if any of you are writing in your diarrhea, you need much more help than my organizing skills....

No comments: